NVISION Eye Center
Dr. Peter Andrews is an experienced, comprehensive and innovative surgeon, specializing in the areas of cornea, refractive and cataract surgery. He has a strong interest in treating ocular surface disease and infections, and using the latest technologies.
Featured Accolades and Credentials
American Board of Ophthalmology
American Academy of Ophthalmology
More About the Surgeon
A fellowship-trained corneal specialist, Dr. Andrews earned his medical degree from Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina, and spent his internship year at the Carilion Health System hospitals in Virginia. Upon completion of his residency and corneal fellowship at the University of Florida in 2004, Dr. Andrews gained invaluable experience performing surgeries for a multi-location practice in Tennessee. While raising his family in Boulder, Colorado, Dr. Andrews practiced for 12 years as a partner in a multi-specialty group, providing more than 20 types of surgeries and helping thousands of patients attain better vision.
Among his accolades, he has been an adjunct assistant professor at Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine in California, an invited speaker for various corneal technologies, has a patent for a surgical tool of his own invention, and has lectured nationwide at many prominent meetings, ophthalmology residency programs, and optometry schools. As the son of a teacher and a professor, he especially enjoys being a clinical instructor and mentor for optometry students and ophthalmology residents.
Dr. Andrews and his family participate annually in medical mission trips to Jamaica with the Eye Health Institute, where he has served on the Board since 2009. He enjoys hiking, snow skiing, surfing, and is an avid DIYer. He and his wife, Kelye, a career educator, have two adult children: Elysse, an epidemiologist with a Master’s degree in Public Health, and Sam, an Honors student studying Environmental Science at California Polytechnic University in San Luis Obispo.
- B.S. – University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- M.D. – Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Internship – Carilion Health System Hospitals, Roanoke, VA
- Residency, Ophthalmology – University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Fellowship, Corneal – University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Honors and Awards
- Adjunct Assistant Professor – Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Owns a patent on his own designed Medical Tool