Featured Accolades and Credentials
American Board of Ophthalmology
American Academy of Ophthalmology
M.D., University of Illinois, Chicago College of Medicine
More About the Surgeon
Jonathan R Pirnazar, MD is a renowned Lasik and Cataract surgeon and partner of NVISION Eye Centers. Having performed over 55,000 refractive and cataract surgeries, Dr Pirnazar expertise includes LASIK, PRK, corneal crosslinking and cataract removal. Hundreds of Ophthalmologists, Optometrists and doctors from multiple specialities have trusted Dr Pirnazar to perform their own eye surgeries. Through Dr. Pirnazar’s extensive knowledge and expertise, he is known as the best LASIK Surgeon in Orange County, California.
For Dr Pirnazar, complexity is another word for “challenge”. Finding solutions for complex eye issues is his specialty and he has a long-standing success record to show it. As part of his extensive experience, he one first surgeons in California to perform laser-assisted cataract surgery in 2011, where he was featured on the nationally broadcast show “The Doctors” on CBS. Additionally, Dr Pirnazar was one of the first to perform “all-laser-LASIK” & topographic “Contura” LASIK in the Western USA. His opinions on eye surgery have aired on “American Health Journal” on PBS over last decade.
Dr Pirnazar prides himself on adapting to new technology. He makes it a point to try and understand the newest intra-ocular “Life-Style” lens implants and LASIK lasers so he can custom fit each treatment to each patient specifically.
Dr Pirnazar is board-certified Ophthalmologist and received his medical degree with honors from University of Illinois, Chicago School of Medicine. He completed his residency at the prestigious Washington University in St. Louis, where he also served as Chief Director of the University Eye Service. He continued his education with fellowship training in corneal and refractive surgery at the University of California, Irvine we also served as an Assistant Professor for 10 years.
In 2017, Dr. Pirnazar and his partners at NVISION were selected to be the official team ophthalmologists for the Los Angeles Chargers.
When he isn’t working Dr. Pirnazar enjoy spending time with his wife and two sons playing tennis, ping-pong, exercising and watching NFL football on Sundays.
- 1991 B.S., Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- 1995 M.D., University of Illinois, Chicago College of Medicine, Chicago, IL, Graduated with Honors, AOA
- 2000 American Board of Ophthalmology
- 2011 American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- The Orange County Society of Ophthalmology
- 1996 Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, IL
- 1999 Residency, Ophthalmology Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- 2000 Chief Resident/Director of University Eye Service, Washington University,St. Louis, MO
- 1992 Research Fellow in Laboratory of Central Nervous System Studies, Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institute of Health
- 2001 Fellow in Cornea and External Disease / Refractive Surgery, University of California, Irvine, CA
University & Hospital Positions
- Medical Director, NVISION Eye Centers, Laguna Hills, CA
- Medical Director, NVISION Eye Centers, Newport Beach, CA
- Medical Director, NVISION Eye Centers, Ontario, CA
- Medical Director, Pacific Hills Surgery Center, Laguna Hills, CA
Awards & Publications
- Featured on “The Doctors” on CBS
- Featured on “American Health Journal” on PBS
- Published Articles in The American Journal of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology Times, and more
Dr. Pirnazar featured on The Doctors Show
Meet Dr. Pirnazar
Jonathan Pirnazar, M.D. - LASIK Surgeon
“Affordable, Easy, Quick.”
90 days later and SO happy! Dr. Pirnazar performed my LASIK back in 12/01/2016. I was -8 & -7. Today 3/01/2017 I am 20/15 and have no complications. Affordable, Easy, Quick, 1 day of
“This place will treat you wonderfully.”
Everything about my experience at the Ontario branch of NVISION was great. Excellent doctors led me through each step and the supporting staff was always willing to answer any questions. On top of all of that, I am able to see perfectly without any glasses today. I had Dr. Pirnazar, he was fantastic and takes all the steps necessary to make your experience a positive one. If you are thinking LASIK, then this place will treat you wonderfully.
“I would recommend Dr Pirnazar without any reservation.”
Absolutely amazing results!!! I was legally blind in one eye and had cataract surgery with Dr. Pirnazar and 2 days later I was 20/20. He and his staff could not have been better, an absolutely wonderful experience. I would recommend Dr. Pirnazar without any reservation. I would give him a 10 star rating if possible.
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Newport Beach, CA 92660