Featured Accolades and Credentials
American Board of Ophthalmology
American Academy of Ophthalmology
More About the Surgeon
Dr. Lopez joined Eyecare Associates in 2017. He was born and raised in Napa, California. He received a bachelor degree of science in chemistry from Pacific Union College. He went on to complete medical school at Loma Linda University School of Medicine, graduating with Alpha Omega Alpha honors.
Dr. Lopez then went on to complete his transitional year of internship at Kettering Medical center in Kettering, Ohio. Dr. Lopez returned to Loma Linda University where he completed his ophthalmology residency followed by a medical retinal fellowship.
Dr. Lopez has a background in treating comprehensive ophthalmology problems such as cataracts, glaucoma, dry eye and ocular trauma. Additionally, he is specially trained in the diagnosis and treatment of retinal conditions such as macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular diseases, chorioretinal degenerations and uveitis.
Dr. Lopez’s patient care philosophy is to provide up-to-date evidence-based care while tailoring it to each individual’s unique background and needs.
In his free time, Dr. Lopez and his wife enjoy hiking in national parks, photography and trying new restaurants.
- 2008 B.S. Chemistry, Pacific Union College, Angwin, CA
- 2012 M.D. Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- 2013 Transitional, Kettering Medical Center, Kettering, OH
- 2016 Residency, Ophthalmology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA
- 2017 Fellowship, Medical Retina, Loma Linda University Eye Institute, Loma Linda, CA
- Fellow – American Academy of Ophthalmology