Featured Accolades and Credentials
American Board of Ophthalmology
American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
More About the Surgeon
Dr. Jacob has been with Royo Eye and Laser Center since 2009, working with Dr. Paris E. Royo for about 5 years prior to taking over the practice in 2013. He enjoys patient care and the ability to make a difference through surgery, keeping up to date with the latest procedures, practices and lasers. Because of this, he has been rated as one of Sacramento’s top 5 Ophthalmologists a few years in a row by Sutter for patient satisfaction and top 25% physician nationally by Press Ganey. He has been performing LASIK surgery in the Roseville office since 2009. Dr. Jacob is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American Medical Association. He also served on the ALTA Ophthalmologic Society committee for a couple of years as secretary and treasurer.
Dr. Gabriel Jacob is very driven and passionate when it comes to eyes as he knew he wanted to become an Ophthalmologist at the age of 16 when he got his first pair of glasses and decided to apply for a job at LensCrafters. After working with the local Optometrist at LensCrafters, he realized he wanted to do more then just glasses and wanted to operate as he loved seeing patients post surgery and their joy. He applied and got accepted with a scholarship to Loyola University Chicago and is proud to be a Loyola graduate, with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Psychology and a minor in Biology and Neuro Science. Because of his great experience at Loyola University, he was motivated to get into Loyola University, Stritch School of Medicine and thus obtained his medical degree and residency from there as well.
When he is not working, Dr. Jacob loves watching sports with his family, especially the Bears and the Bulls as they are from his home town, Chicago. Dr. Jacob has been married for 16 years and has two children, a boy and a girl. He loves staying involved in his community in different ways, whether it’s volunteering for free screenings in the community, or doing medical missions with his family.
Education & Training
- B.S. – Psychology, Loyola University, Chicago, IL
- Doctorate of Medicine – Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL.
- Internship – Loyola University Medical Center Hiines Veteran Hospital, Maywood, IL.
- Residency – Ophthalmology, Loyola University Medical Center Hines Veteran Hospital, Maywood, IL.
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- California Medical Board
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- ALTA Ophthalmology Society
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Sutter Hospital, Roseville and Sacramento, CA.
- Mercy General Hospital, Sacramento, CA.
- Methodist Hospital, Sacramento, CA.
- Botox and Dermal Fillers – Aesthetic Medical Educators
- Icon Laser – Cynosure
Honors & Awards
- Elected representative of internship class and ophthalmology class
- Awarded research Stipend at Stritch School of Medicine
- Harrity and Durr Keean Scholarship at Stritch School of Medicine
- Damen Scholarship of Loyola University, Chicago, Il.
Roseville, CA 95661
Sacramento, CA 95823