Featured Accolades and Credentials
American Board of Ophthalmology
American Academy of Ophthalmology
More About the Surgeon
At Lynn Eye, Dr. Hymas provides comprehensive ophthalmology services for adults and children over the age of eight. Dr. Hymas has decades of world-class experience, making him one of the best eye doctors in Thousand Oaks. He specializes in cataract surgery with intraocular lens implants, as well as the detection and management of glaucoma, dry eye, macular degeneration, and diabetic eye disease. He also performs exams for eyeglass and contact lens prescriptions.
Dr. Hymas received his medical degree from the University of Utah School of Medicine, where he received honors in several areas of practice. He did a fellowship in ophthalmic pathology/research at the John A. Moran Center in the University of Utah School of Medicine. He then completed his residency training in ophthalmology at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
Dr. Hymas has co-authored several articles for publication and academic presentations, as well as been involved with clinical research. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- B.S., Zoology – Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- M.D. – University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Transitional Internship – LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
- Residency, Diagnostic Radiology – Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA
- Fellowship, Ophthalmic Pathology/Research – University or Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
- Residency, Ophthalmology – State University of New York, Buffalo, NY
- American Academy of Ophthalmology