NVISION Eye Center
Nicholas P. Marsico
M.D., F.A.C.S. - Eye Doctor
Nicholas P. Marsico, M.D., F.A.C.S. is a board certified ophthalmologist who performs all aspects of surgery on the anterior segment of the eye including cataract extraction, glaucoma surgery and various forms of corneal transplantation including penetrating keratoplasty and DSAEK.
Featured Accolades and Credentials
American Board of Ophthalmology
American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
More About the Surgeon
Dr. Marsico is a Los Angeles-based ophthalmologist, experienced in a wide range of ophthalmic procedures for more than 20 years. Dr. Marisco is fellowship trained in LASIK laser vision correction as well as other forms of refractive surgery and in the treatment of corneal diseases. In addition, Dr. Marsico manages general ophthalmology patients such as those with diabetic eye disease and macular degeneration utilizing advanced lasers and the latest treatment techniques to optimize patient outcomes.
Dr. Marsico received his undergraduate education at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio where he graduated Summa Cum Laude with Honors and was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa national academic honor society. Thereafter, he received his M.D. degree from the Ohio State University College of Medicine. He went on to complete his ophthalmology residency at Boston University and subspecialty fellowship training in Cornea / External Diseases and Refractive Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Eye and Ear Institute.
After practicing in such places as Ohio and North Carolina, Dr. Marsico joined the East West Eye Institute in July of 2004. He
is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the International Society of Refractive Surgery, the California Academy of Ophthalmology, and the Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology. Dr. Marsico has decades of world-class expertise, making him one of the best eye doctors in Los Angeles, California.
- B.S., Biology – Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- M.D. – Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Honors and Awards
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Summa Cum Laude
- Liberal Arts Honors
- Ohio State University College of Medicine Landacre Day Research Award Recipient
- Roessler Memorial Research Scholarship, Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Louis G. Bernstein Memorial Scholarship in Biological Sciences
- Transitional Year Internship – Mount Carmel Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Residency – Boston University, Boston, MA
- Fellowship, Corneal/External Disease & Refractive Surgery – The Eye & Ear Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- California Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology