NVISION Eye Center
Andrew S. Davis
M.D. - Eye Doctor
Andrew S. Davis, M.D. is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in diabetic retinopathy, age related macular degeneration, eye trauma, retinal detachment repair, and all surgical disease of the retina.
Featured Accolades and Credentials
American Board of Ophthalmology
The American Academy of Ophthalmology
More About the Surgeon
Dr. Davis is a Tooele-based ophthalmologist, specializing in many different areas, including all surgical diseases of the retina. Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, he has been involved with extensive research and has multiple publications in the areas of age-related macular degeneration and infectious disease of the vitreous and retina.
Dr. Davis received his medical degree from the New York Medical College after graduating from Brigham Young University. He then completed his transitional internship at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, Texas, followed by his Ophthalmology Residency at the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium in San Antonio, Texas, where he worked at Brooke Army Medical Center and Wilford Hall Medical Center.
Following his residency, Dr. Davis worked as a comprehensive ophthalmologist for the United States Army at Martin Army Community Hospital in Fort Benning, GA. Dr. Davis subsequently completed his two-year fellowship in vitreo-retinal disease and surgery at one of the top clinical and surgical programs in the country: The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa.
He served for many years as a Major and vitreo-retinal surgeon in the United States Army. In this capacity, he treated and helped many soldiers and veterans who had suffered war related trauma and injuries of the eye and retina.
Dr. Davis holds several professional memberships including The American Society of Retina Specialists, The American Academy of Ophthalmology, The Utah Ophthalmology Society and The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology. Dr. Davis has years of world-class experience, making him one of the best eye doctors in Tooele, Utah.
He enjoys being a father to his 5 children, jogging, boating, and serving in his local community.
- B.S. – Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- M.D. – New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Internship, Transitional – William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, TX
- Residency, Ophthalmology – San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, San Antonio, TX
- Fellowship, Vitreo-Retinal Disease and Surgery – The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- The American Society of Retina Specialists
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology
- The Utah Ophthalmology Society
- The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology