NVISION Editorial Policy
The NVISION editorial team takes the time to create its content with integrity and expertise. It is our responsibility to ensure we publish trustworthy and factual content for our readers.
All information published on nvisioncenters.com is provided free of charge. The content will always include a list of reliable sources which our writers have used to research and pull information from.
Our content is constantly being audited and updated with the most current information and will list a Medical Reviewer after a thorough review has been completed.
NVISION’s content is not a substitute for medical advice.
The Editorial Team
The NVISION Editorial Team has been researching and writing about LASIK, Cataracts, Ophthalmology and general vision health for years. Our team is made up of writers, editors, ophthalmologists, optometrists and surgeons.
The NVISION team understands that the topics covered on the site can be difficult and complex for the average consumer to understand. In addition, we know the procedures, diseases, conditions and general health information provided on the site can have a significant impact on someone’s life and happiness. This is something that we do not take lightly.
The NVISION Team follows a strict set of guidelines to ensure that the content is accurate, thorough and up to date.
Our team aims to:
- Conduct in-depth research before covering a topic
- Use the highest quality sources for research
- Cite sources in a list of references on every page
- Fact check research against other respected sources
- Provide up to date information
- Provide an informational resource for our website users, patients and those conducting research.
- Share information on new studies, treatment methods, products and clinical trials where possible
- Never plagiarizes
NVISION publishes our content for the following audience:
- Individuals conducting research on general vision information, diseases and procedures
- Potential LASIK candidates conducting research.
- Potential cataract surgery candidates conducting research.
- Individuals looking for more information on an eye condition or disease they are suffering from.
- Media members, researchers and experts.
Our team of Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, Doctors and Surgeons have over 50 years of experience. These award-winning eye surgeons have performed over 2.5 million procedures.
These doctors are experts in their field and carry the some of the following accreditations, affiliations and credentials:
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- California Association of Ophthalmology
- Orange County Society of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Allegretto Laser Certification
- C-LASIK Certification
- Z-LASIK Femto LDVTM Crystal Line
- LenSx® Certification
- VISX Laser Certification
- Visian ICL Certification
- ORA Systems Certification
NVISION’s content is written by expert writers and, where noted, reviewed by NVISION surgeons. They check facts, provide details on procedures and ensure accuracy of the content throughout. We have notated on the top of each page when a doctor has conducted a review.
Sources & Citations
The NVISION Editorial Team aims to use high quality sources for research. It is our policy to, when possible, prefer information and studies published on educational journals, encyclopedias, government resources, professional associations and non-profit organizations.
These include but are not limited to:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- National Eye Institute
- Clinical Ophthalmology
- Eye Surgery Education Council
- Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- U.S. National Library of Medicine
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Centers For Disease Control & Prevention
- The NVISION Team aims to never add opinion-based content or content which is not backed by in-depth research and studies.
NVISION is always looking for ways to improve it’s content and make it more useful for our readers. We also hold our editorial team accountable for the accuracy of the content on the site. Should you have any corrections, concerns or ideas for improving the content we publish on our site please feel free to fill out a form here.