NVISION Eye Center
Shiloh Simons, D.O. is a board certified ophthalmologist specializing in cataract and refractive surgery. He is a graduate of Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, CA, and completed his ophthalmology training in the Chicago Ophthalmology Consortium at Midwestern University in Olympia Fields, Illinois.
Featured Accolades and Credentials
American Academy of Ophthalmology
More About the Surgeon
Raised in the western United States of Colorado, Arizona, and California, he attended the United States Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, NY after being nominated by Sen. John McCain and Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona. After sailing to foreign ports in Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan from the ports of Oakland, San Francisco and San Pedro, and attending flight training maneuvers at NAS Pensacola and NAS Whiting Field, Dr. Simons decided to enter the field of medicine. Dr. Simons is a graduate of Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, CA, and completed his ophthalmology training in the Chicago Ophthalmology Consortium at Midwestern University in Olympia Fields, Illinois where he was selected as the Chief Resident of Ophthalmology. Dr. Simons holds a Bachelor of Science Engineering degree in Biomedical Engineering from Arizona State University.
Dr. Simons has performed over fifteen thousand cataract surgeries, refractive cataract, and laser vision correction procedures. He has special expertise in the newest intraocular lens technologies and minimally invasive glaucoma surgeries. This enables him to offer his patients state-of-the-art care — including laser-assisted cataract surgery with intraocular lens implants that provide the greatest possible freedom from the need for glasses as well as LASIK and PRK laser vision correction that is the safest, most precise, and most effective available. He also offers implantable intraocular lens surgery as an alternative refractive surgery for patients that may not be candidates for other types of refractive surgeries.
Dr. Simons is an expert in cataract and refractive surgery and regularly receives referrals from other physicians and has performed surgeries on numerous patients including other ophthalmologists and their families.
Beyond his surgical skills, Dr. Simons takes great pride in carefully listening to his patients and educating them thoroughly about their eye concerns and treatment choices. He is known for giving highly personalized and compassionate care.
Dr. Simons says, “I enjoy ophthalmology because it is one of the few areas of medicine and surgery that has such an immediate and obvious direct benefit on patient’s quality of life utilizing some of the most cutting edge technology available.”
- Bachelor of Science Engineering: Arizona Steate University, Tempe, AZ.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA.
- American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
- Internship: United Health Services Hospital, Binghamton, NY.
- Residency: Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL.
University & Honors and Awards
- Chief – Department of Ophthalmology, Loma Linda University Community Hospital
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Appointment
- Western Interstate College of Health Exchange Scholarship
- Robert McBurney Foundation Scholarship
- Northwest Osteopathic Medical Foundation Scholarship
- Sigma Sigma Phi Osteopathic Medical Honor Society
- United Health Services Hospitals First Year Resident of the Year
- Medical Staff President – St. Michaels Hospital
- Top Performer Overall Doctor Rating, PRCI 2018