Atwal Eye Care
Buffalo LASIK Eye Surgery
The experienced team at Atwal Eye Care can tackle any vision challenge you experience – at every milestone of your life. Our goal is to keep you living an excellent quality of life and enjoying all of your daily activities by improving your vision.
At Atwal Eye Care our patients are the most important part of our practice. Our goal is that each patient’s experience be pleasant and efficient with an optimal outcome. The standards we set for ourselves include:
- The highest safety standards possible to reduce risks
- Constantly evolving state-of-the-art technology with proven results
- Highly experienced surgeons and knowledgeable support staff
- Truly personalized attention during every interaction with us
- Comprehensive Consultations to determine candidacy for LASIK, cataract surgery, cosmetic procedures, and more
Buffalo Vision Correction Procedures
Today's life-changing procedures make it possible to improve your vision to 20/20—or better.
EVO ICL™ (Implantable Collamer Lens)
EVO ICL™ (Implantable Collamer Lens) surgery involves putting an artificial lens in the eye. Unlike RLE, the natural lens is not removed, and the artificial lens is placed between the natural lens and the iris.
EVO ICL™ can correct nearsightedness and astigmatism. It is sometimes referred to as an implantable contact lens.
PRK Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
What is PRK Surgery?
PRK Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy) is a type of laser eye surgery that is used to correct refractive errors such as nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism. PRK is an alternative to LASIK eye surgery and is particularly suitable for individuals who may not be candidates for LASIK due to certain corneal characteristics.
Overview of the PRK surgery process:
- Corneal Epithelium Removal:
- In PRK, the surgeon begins by removing the thin outer layer of the cornea called the epithelium. This can be done using an alcohol solution, a special brush, or a laser.
- Laser Reshaping of the Cornea:
- Once the epithelium is removed, a laser is used to precisely reshape the cornea. The laser ablates or removes microscopic amounts of corneal tissue based on the patient’s refractive error. The goal is to correct the curvature of the cornea and improve the focus of light on the retina.
- Healing Process:
- Unlike LASIK, where a corneal flap is created, PRK does not involve creating a flap. Instead, the corneal surface is allowed to regenerate naturally. The healing process involves the growth of new epithelial cells over the treated area.
- Post-operative Care:
- Following PRK surgery, patients are given medicated eye drops to aid in the healing process and prevent infection. Recovery may take a bit longer compared to LASIK, and patients may experience temporary discomfort during the initial days.
Key considerations for PRK surgery include:
- Corneal Thickness: PRK may be a suitable option for individuals with thinner corneas who may not be ideal candidates for LASIK.
- Occupational Considerations: PRK may be recommended for individuals with occupations or lifestyles that carry a risk of corneal injury, as it eliminates the creation of a corneal flap.
- Healing Time: The initial visual recovery may take longer with PRK compared to LASIK. Patients typically experience optimal vision several weeks after the procedure.
PRK is a well-established and effective procedure for vision correction, and its suitability depends on individual factors. It’s important to consult with an experienced refractive surgeon or eye care professional to determine the most appropriate laser eye surgery option based on your eye health and lifestyle.
Contoura® Vision LASIK
Contoura® Vision LASIK?
Contoura® Vision LASIK is an advanced form of LASIK eye surgery that utilizes topography-guided technology to tailor the laser treatment to the unique characteristics of an individual’s cornea. This technology aims to provide a more personalized and precise correction of refractive errors, including nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Contoura® Vision creates a highly precise and accurate map of a patient’s eyes measuring up to 22,000 unique elevation points on each eye.
Key features of Contoura® Vision LASIK include:
1. Topography-Guided Treatment:
– Contoura® Vision LASIK utilizes detailed corneal mapping or corneal topography to create a highly customized treatment plan. This map captures thousands of data points on the cornea, allowing for a more precise analysis of its shape and irregularities.
2. Personalized Correction:
– The topography-guided technology enables the laser to precisely reshape the cornea based on the unique imperfections detected in the corneal map. This personalized approach aims to address higher-order aberrations, improving not only traditional refractive errors but also the overall quality of vision.
3. Reduced Glare and Halos:
– Contoura® Vision LASIK is designed to reduce the occurrence of visual disturbances such as glare and halos, which can be associated with certain refractive errors. The customized treatment may result in improved night vision and reduced sensitivity to light.
4. Potential for Better Visual Outcomes:
– The goal of Contoura® Vision LASIK is to achieve superior visual outcomes by optimizing the correction based on the individual characteristics of the patient’s cornea.
It’s important to note that the availability of Contoura® Vision LASIK may vary, and not all LASIK centers offer this specific technology. If you are considering LASIK surgery and are interested in Contoura® Vision LASIK, it’s recommended to consult with an experienced refractive surgeon or LASIK eye doctor who can assess your candidacy and discuss the available options for personalized laser vision correction.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
Refractive lens exchange (RLE), is when a clear lens is implanted to replace your eye’s natural lens to correct your vision.
This procedure is often used for pre-cataract patients, as a preventative vision correction solution. Refractive lens exchange (RLE) can also correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
Ephraim Singh Atwal, MD
Reach out with any questions or to get started with Buffalo’s premier LASIK provider.
LASIK is a life-changing procedure with many advantages:
- Safe – One of the safest elective procedures available and most patients are back to their routine in only one or two days.
- Saves Money – Often saves tens of thousands of dollars on glasses and contacts over a lifetime.
- Fast – LASIK procedures typically last only a few minutes.
If you’re looking for LASIK in Buffalo, you can rest assured that you have access to some of the nation’s top laser eye surgeons.
LASIK is a life-changing procedure with incredibly high patient satisfaction rates (over 95 percent), allowing Buffalo residents clear vision for years to come. Most patients don’t need corrective lenses, such as glasses or contacts, following LASIK.
During the procedure, your surgeon will use a laser to reshape your cornea, allowing light to refract correctly so your vision is clear. LASIK can correct various refractive errors, including myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism.
Serious complications from LASIK are exceedingly rare, allowing patients to enjoy clear vision without issues.
If you need LASIK in Buffalo, look for a surgeon who has performed thousands of surgeries and has access to the latest LASIK technology. You’ll start with an assessment to gauge whether you are a good candidate for LASIK.
Atwal Eye Care
3095 Harlem Rd, Cheektowaga, NY 14225
Physicians who are not a practice location of NVISION and who are listed on our website have been offered the ability to be part of the NVISION affiliate program based upon objective criteria, including without limitation, the physician's quality standards and overall reported patient satisfaction. Participation in the affiliate program is open to all qualifying physicians. Any payment the physician makes to NVISION as part of being listed on our website is assessed equally against and collected equally from all participants, and is only based on the cost of operating the referral service, and not on the volume or value of any referrals to or business otherwise generated by the participants for the referrals to or business otherwise generated by the participants for the referral service which payment may be made in whole or in part under Medicare or State health care programs. NVISION imposes no requirements on the manner in which the participant provides services to a referred person.
THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS NOT DESIGNED, INTENDED, OR APPROPRIATE TO REPLACE THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS AND PATIENTS OR TO ADDRESS SERIOUS, EMERGENT, OR LIFE-THREATENING MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY OR LIFE-THREATENING SITUATION, CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL AND GO TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL OR EMERGENCY ROOM. WE ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY PERSON FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE UPON INFORMATION POSTED BY ATWAL EYE CARE.