Hodges Eye Care & Surgery Center
Cataracts Surgery & LASIK Eye Surgery in Tucson
Experience Exceptional Eye Care with Tucson’s Premier Eye Clinics
Our team at Hodges Eye Care & Surgery Center is committed to delivering quality care with optimum results. The success of your Cataracts Surgery, LASIK eye surgery or other eye procedure is our first priority and our team works to ensure that you have an exceptional experience.
At our state-of-the-art facility, your journey towards clearer vision begins the moment you reach out to us. From the initial contact to post-operative care, our dedicated team of professionals is committed to ensuring that you receive the highest level of care and guidance throughout your eye care journey. Whether you’re considering cataract surgery or LASIK eye surgery, we are here to exceed your expectations and deliver life-changing results.
When it comes to cataract surgery, our skilled surgeons employ the latest techniques and technologies to restore your vision and improve your quality of life. Cataracts can be a hindrance to daily activities, and our team is dedicated to helping you regain clarity and freedom from this visual impairment.
For those considering LASIK eye surgery, we are the top choice in the Tucson area. Our commitment to providing the best patient experience possible means that you can trust us to use cutting-edge LASIK technology and techniques to enhance your vision, reduce or eliminate your dependence on glasses or contacts, and improve your overall quality of life.
We understand that every patient is unique, and your vision needs are personal. That’s why we take a personalized approach to your eye care journey, ensuring that you receive the individualized attention and care you deserve. Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities, and we take great pride in helping our patients achieve their vision goals.
When you’re ready to make a decision about cataract surgery or LASIK eye surgery, choose the team that is dedicated to providing you with an exceptional experience and life-changing results. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward clearer vision and a brighter future.
Not sure if LASIK is right for you?
99% SUCCESS in 20/20 or better vision at NVISION
24 hour recovery time
PAINLESS procedure in just a few minutes
Tucson Vision Correction Procedures
Today's life-changing procedures make it possible to improve your vision to 20/20—or better.
Cataract surgery is a very common and medically necessary procedure to remove and replace the eye’s natural lens when the vision has been clouded by a cataract. We offer laser-assisted cataract surgery and lifestyle lenses as options for our patients.
PRK Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
What is PRK Surgery?
PRK Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy) is a type of laser eye surgery that is used to correct refractive errors such as nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism. PRK is an alternative to LASIK eye surgery and is particularly suitable for individuals who may not be candidates for LASIK due to certain corneal characteristics.
Overview of the PRK surgery process:
- Corneal Epithelium Removal:
- In PRK, the surgeon begins by removing the thin outer layer of the cornea called the epithelium. This can be done using an alcohol solution, a special brush, or a laser.
- Laser Reshaping of the Cornea:
- Once the epithelium is removed, a laser is used to precisely reshape the cornea. The laser ablates or removes microscopic amounts of corneal tissue based on the patient’s refractive error. The goal is to correct the curvature of the cornea and improve the focus of light on the retina.
- Healing Process:
- Unlike LASIK, where a corneal flap is created, PRK does not involve creating a flap. Instead, the corneal surface is allowed to regenerate naturally. The healing process involves the growth of new epithelial cells over the treated area.
- Post-operative Care:
- Following PRK surgery, patients are given medicated eye drops to aid in the healing process and prevent infection. Recovery may take a bit longer compared to LASIK, and patients may experience temporary discomfort during the initial days.
Key considerations for PRK surgery include:
- Corneal Thickness: PRK may be a suitable option for individuals with thinner corneas who may not be ideal candidates for LASIK.
- Occupational Considerations: PRK may be recommended for individuals with occupations or lifestyles that carry a risk of corneal injury, as it eliminates the creation of a corneal flap.
- Healing Time: The initial visual recovery may take longer with PRK compared to LASIK. Patients typically experience optimal vision several weeks after the procedure.
PRK is a well-established and effective procedure for vision correction, and its suitability depends on individual factors. It’s important to consult with an experienced refractive surgeon or eye care professional to determine the most appropriate laser eye surgery option based on your eye health and lifestyle.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
Refractive lens exchange (RLE), is when a clear lens is implanted to replace your eye’s natural lens to correct your vision.
This procedure is often used for pre-cataract patients, as a preventative vision correction solution. Refractive lens exchange (RLE) can also correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
Small Incision Lenticle Extraction (SMILE)
SMILE eye surgery (small incision lenticule extraction) is a type of laser eye surgery that can correct nearsightedness and astigmatism. It cannot correct farsightedness.
SMILE eye surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that does not require a corneal flap.
Lifestyle lenses are a premium lens option that offers a more functional range of vision, and are designed to reduce the need for distance and reading glasses.
We offer the latest and most advanced lifestyle lens on the market.
Pterygium surgery is performed under topical anesthesia on an outpatient basis.
Laser blepharoplasty eye surgery, also known as laser eyelid surgery, is a surgical procedure to rejuvenate eyelid tissues (skin, muscle, or fat). Blepharoplasty is performed for both cosmetic and vision correction purposes. NVISION has an eye clinic to help address your needs – Book a consultation today.
Glaucoma eye surgery involves using a microscopic stent to drain fluid that could harm the optic nerve.
This procedure is minimally invasive.
We Accept Insurance
At NVISION Eye Centers, we work with many insurance companies to provide the best service possible for each of our patients. Below you will find a list of our current providers for this location. Please call us if you do not see your specific provider, as NVISION frequently adds new insurance companies and offers many out of network options.
- Health Net
- United Health Care
- AMA Insurance
- Banner Health
- BCBS AZ
- BCBS Medicare Advantage
- Care 1st/Onecare
- Health Partners
- University Health Plans
- USAA Health Plans
- VA - Champ
Dr. Johnson Co
We are pleased to welcome Dr. Johnson Co, a distinguished optometrist with advanced training from Western University of Health Sciences and the Southern Arizona Veterans Affairs Hospital. Dr. Co brings experience from Los Angeles and has a strong affiliation with professional optometry associations. He’s passionate about addressing all vision-related concerns and looks forward to serving our community.
Cataract Surgery & LASIK Eye Surgery in Tucson
Reach out with any questions or to get started with Tucson’s premier Cataracts & LASIK surgeon.
LASIK is a life-changing procedure with many advantages:
- Safe – One of the safest elective procedures available and most patients are back to their routine in only one or two days.
- Saves Money – Often saves tens of thousands of dollars on glasses and contacts over a lifetime.
- Fast – The LASIK surgery itself typically last only a few minutes.
Financing Options for Laser Surgery in Tucson
Though LASIK and other corrective vision procedures can be an investment, most patients find it results in a cost-savings over time as they no longer have to regularly purchase glasses, contacts, or other corrective lenses. In addition, there are a variety of financing options that can make the upfront cost of laser eye surgery more affordable.
NVISION Eye Centers partners with CareCredit. This company offers patients low-interest rates and flexible repayment terms, so patients can pay off the cost of their laser eye surgery over time in manageable monthly payments.
Location – Tucson eye clinic
Hodges Eye Care and Surgical Center – Dr. Timothy Hodges