NVISION Eye Center
Dr. Johnny Khoury, a Johns Hopkins and Washington University double fellowship trained surgeon, is among the world’s most experienced refractive surgeons. His experience in excimer laser refractive surgery dates back to 1994.
Featured Accolades and Credentials
American Board of Ophthalmology
American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
More About the Surgeon
Dr. Khoury has performed thousands of LASIK procedures worldwide. In 2000, he established the Division of Refractive Surgery at the American University of Beirut and later became the first MENA (Middle East and North Africa) ambassador to WaveLight Laser Technologies AG, Erlangen, Germany, in 2002.
Dr. Khoury is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology and belongs to several ophthalmological societies. He has presented dozens of scientific papers both nationally and internationally and has several peer-reviewed articles and book chapters to his credit.
Dr. Khoury passionately offers customized visual treatments to his patients utilizing the latest ophthalmological technologies. Dr. Khoury is married and has three lovely daughters. He enjoys writing patents aimed at improving daily-use consumer products. In his free time, Dr. Khoury likes to travel. He enjoys the many cultural and culinary experiences worldwide.
- Bachelor of Science, Biology – American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
- Medical Degree – American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Internship, Internal Medicine/Primary Care – Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT.
- Fellowship, Cornea, External Diseases & Refractive Surgery – Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD.
- Residency, Ophthalmology – Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN.
- Fellowship, Cornea, External Diseases & Refractive Surgery – Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO.
University & Honors and Awards
- Honorable Mention for Poster Presentation – American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, San Diego, CA.
- Professor’s Rounds Award for Outstanding Presentation – Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN.
- Best Resident/Fellow Award for Paper Presentation – North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society, Keystone, CO.
Meet Dr. Khoury