Featured Accolades and Credentials
The American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Board of Ophthalmology
More About the Surgeon
Dr. Mauer earned his undergraduate and medical degrees from the University of Iowa and completed an internal medicine internship and medical doctorate at Iowa Methodist Medical Center. He then completed his ophthalmology residency at Kresge Eye Institute of Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. Dr. Mauer has participated in numerous clinical studies and published articles in several healthcare journals.
He successfully operated a private practice in Waterloo, Iowa for over 30 years before relocating to Fort Meyers, Florida. In 2006 he launched a cosmetic business with wine-themed products that grew to international sales and in 2008 he opened a world-class medspa.
Dr. Mauer is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is excited to be a part of the NVISION team of surgeons and looks forward to serving the Las Vegas area community.
- B.A. – University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- M.D. – University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Internship, Internal Medicine – Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines, IA
- Residency, Ophthalmology – Kresge Eye Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology
- The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Meet Dr. Mauer
Las Vegas, NV 89106
Las Vegas, NV 89129