NVISION® - Sacramento/Midtown
LASIK Eye Surgery & Eye Clinic in Sacramento/Midtown
Our outstanding ophthalmologist team at NVISION® Eye Centers in Sacramento/Midtown, takes pride in delivering exceptional care for our patients. As a member of the downtown Sacramento community since 1987, we understand that every patient is unique and we provide comprehensive eye care services with a personal, professional, and customized approach. When you choose us for your laser eye surgery, you choose a team of talented surgeons and highly trained staff, all dedicated to delivering the highest-quality medical and surgical care.
Not sure if LASIK is right for you?
99% SUCCESS in 20/20 or better vision at NVISION
24 hour recovery time
PAINLESS procedure in just a few minutes
Sacramento Vision Correction Procedures
Today's life-changing procedures make it possible to improve your vision to 20/20—or better.
Contoura® Vision LASIK
Contoura® Vision LASIK?
Contoura® Vision LASIK is an advanced form of LASIK eye surgery that utilizes topography-guided technology to tailor the laser treatment to the unique characteristics of an individual’s cornea. This technology aims to provide a more personalized and precise correction of refractive errors, including nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Contoura® Vision creates a highly precise and accurate map of a patient’s eyes measuring up to 22,000 unique elevation points on each eye.
Key features of Contoura® Vision LASIK include:
1. Topography-Guided Treatment:
– Contoura® Vision LASIK utilizes detailed corneal mapping or corneal topography to create a highly customized treatment plan. This map captures thousands of data points on the cornea, allowing for a more precise analysis of its shape and irregularities.
2. Personalized Correction:
– The topography-guided technology enables the laser to precisely reshape the cornea based on the unique imperfections detected in the corneal map. This personalized approach aims to address higher-order aberrations, improving not only traditional refractive errors but also the overall quality of vision.
3. Reduced Glare and Halos:
– Contoura® Vision LASIK is designed to reduce the occurrence of visual disturbances such as glare and halos, which can be associated with certain refractive errors. The customized treatment may result in improved night vision and reduced sensitivity to light.
4. Potential for Better Visual Outcomes:
– The goal of Contoura® Vision LASIK is to achieve superior visual outcomes by optimizing the correction based on the individual characteristics of the patient’s cornea.
It’s important to note that the availability of Contoura® Vision LASIK may vary, and not all LASIK centers offer this specific technology. If you are considering LASIK surgery and are interested in Contoura® Vision LASIK, it’s recommended to consult with an experienced refractive surgeon or LASIK eye doctor who can assess your candidacy and discuss the available options for personalized laser vision correction.
PRK Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
What is PRK Surgery?
PRK Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy) is a type of laser eye surgery that is used to correct refractive errors such as nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism. PRK is an alternative to LASIK eye surgery and is particularly suitable for individuals who may not be candidates for LASIK due to certain corneal characteristics.
Overview of the PRK surgery process:
- Corneal Epithelium Removal:
- In PRK, the surgeon begins by removing the thin outer layer of the cornea called the epithelium. This can be done using an alcohol solution, a special brush, or a laser.
- Laser Reshaping of the Cornea:
- Once the epithelium is removed, a laser is used to precisely reshape the cornea. The laser ablates or removes microscopic amounts of corneal tissue based on the patient’s refractive error. The goal is to correct the curvature of the cornea and improve the focus of light on the retina.
- Healing Process:
- Unlike LASIK, where a corneal flap is created, PRK does not involve creating a flap. Instead, the corneal surface is allowed to regenerate naturally. The healing process involves the growth of new epithelial cells over the treated area.
- Post-operative Care:
- Following PRK surgery, patients are given medicated eye drops to aid in the healing process and prevent infection. Recovery may take a bit longer compared to LASIK, and patients may experience temporary discomfort during the initial days.
Key considerations for PRK surgery include:
- Corneal Thickness: PRK may be a suitable option for individuals with thinner corneas who may not be ideal candidates for LASIK.
- Occupational Considerations: PRK may be recommended for individuals with occupations or lifestyles that carry a risk of corneal injury, as it eliminates the creation of a corneal flap.
- Healing Time: The initial visual recovery may take longer with PRK compared to LASIK. Patients typically experience optimal vision several weeks after the procedure.
PRK is a well-established and effective procedure for vision correction, and its suitability depends on individual factors. It’s important to consult with an experienced refractive surgeon or eye care professional to determine the most appropriate laser eye surgery option based on your eye health and lifestyle.
Pterygium surgery is performed under topical anesthesia on an outpatient basis.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
Refractive lens exchange (RLE), is when a clear lens is implanted to replace your eye’s natural lens to correct your vision.
This procedure is often used for pre-cataract patients, as a preventative vision correction solution. Refractive lens exchange (RLE) can also correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
The surgical implantation of intracorneal ring segments or Intacs® is a minimally invasive surgical option to improve the corneal shape in patients with keratoconus.
Intacs® are surgically inserted into a thin channel created by a femtosecond laser in the periphery of the cornea. Intacs® is also known as surgical implantation of intracorneal ring segments.
Lifestyle lenses are a premium lens option that offers a more functional range of vision, and are designed to reduce the need for distance and reading glasses.
We offer the latest and most advanced lifestyle lens on the market.
Cataract eye surgery is a very common and medically necessary procedure to remove and replace the eye’s natural lens when the vision has been clouded by a cataract. We offer laser-assisted cataract surgery and lifestyle lenses as options for our patients.
Monovision lasik can treat presbyopia. One eye would remain slightly nearsighted while correcting your other eye for distance vision. With both eyes open, you’ll experience clear and comfortable vision both near and far.
Corneal Crosslinking (CXL)
Corneal Crosslinking (CXL) is a type of eye surgery that treats a weakened or damaged cornea.
We Accept Insurance
At NVISION Eye Centers, we work with many insurance companies to provide the best service possible for each of our patients. Below you will find a list of our current providers for this location. Please call us if you do not see your specific provider, as NVISION frequently adds new insurance companies and offers many out of network options.
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- Health Net
- Assurant Health
- Bankers Life
- Delta Health Systems
- First Health
- Health Comp
- Hill Physicians
- Indian Health
- Laborer's Health and Welfare Trust Fund
- Mail Handlers
- Mutual of Omaha
- NALC Health Benefit Plan
- Operating Engineers
- Palmetto RR
- Relay Health
- Risk Service
- Sutter Independent Physicians (SIP)
- Sutter Medical Group (SMG)
- Sutter Select
- Sutter West Medical Group (SQMG)
- UHC Military West
- United American
- United Healthcare
- Western Health
- WPS Tricare
Surgeons at NVISION® - Sacramento/Midtown
Jaime Dunkin, Regional Practice Administrator
At NVISION® Eye Centers, we provide life-changing results, an exceptional experience, and a lifetime commitment to your LASIK vision correction.
- Industry-leading eye doctors and vision outcomes with more than 2 million successful procedures
- The most advanced laser and diagnostic technology available
- Financing available – no down payment, zero or low interest, low monthly payments
- Free LASIK consultations
- Use your FSA/HSA balance toward LASIK before it expires in December
Location – Sacramento/Midtown eye clinic
NVISION Eye Centers – Sacramento/Midtown, California