Featured Accolades and Credentials
American Board of Ophthalmology
American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award
More About the Surgeon
Gregory J. Pamel, M.D. is a board-certified ophthalmologist with over 20 years experience in refractive surgery. He has performed over 20,000 LASIK, PRK, corneal transplants, and cataract and lens implant surgery procedures.
Dr. Pamel is a recipient of the American Academy of Ophthalmology Lifetime Education Award and the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award for his role in educating other doctors in the field of corneal and refractive surgery.
The editors and publishers of Premier Surgeon Magazine selected Dr. Pamel as one of 250 leading innovators in the U.S. of cataract and lens implant surgery. He is also a founding member of the American College of Ophthalmic Surgeons and the International Ocular Surface Society.
Dr. Pamel has been at the forefront of clinical research and has been principle investigator in 7 major clinical trials He serves as a clinical assistant professor of ophthalmology at New York University School of Medicine and as an attending surgeon at Northwell Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital. He is also medical director of the Manhattan Surgery Center-an outpatient multispecialty surgery center affiliated with Mt. Sinai Hospital.
- M.D. – Univeristy of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Faculty & Staff Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology – New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Attending Surgeon – Northwell Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York, NY
- Medical Director – Manhattan Surgery Center, New York, NY
Honors & Awards
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Lifetime Education Award
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award
- 250 leading innovators in the U.S. of cataract and lens implant surgery by Premier Surgeon Magazine
- Founding Member of American College of Ophthalmic Surgeons
- Founding Member of International Ocular Surface Society