At NVISION, we offer a number of nonsurgical cosmetic options that patients may consider—whether to enhance natural features, or for medical reasons.
Select NVISION Eye Centers offer nonsurgical facial cosmetic procedures. The procedures require little to no down time and most patients resume normal activity immediately.
Common Questions About Cosmetic Services
Am I a good candidate for BOTOX®?
If you’re over the age of 18 and have wrinkles located around or between the eyes, on your forehead, or on your neck, then BOTOX® might be the right solution for you.
What else can BOTOX® treat?
In addition to cosmetic applications, BOTOX® can relieve the symptoms of cervical dystonia in adults, strabismus (an eye muscle problem that causes the eyes to turn inward or outward), migraines and blepharospasm (uncontrollable tightening of the eyelid muscles that may cause blinking, squinting, and abnormal eyelid movements). It can also control upper limb spasticity (increased muscle stiffness) in the elbow, wrist, and fingers of adults.
How long will the effects of BOTOX® last?
Regular treatment is needed to maintain the effects. You can receive injections every 3 to 4 months, as long as you don't have any serious allergic reactions or other significant side effects. If you are using BOTOX® to treat other conditions such as blepharospasm or strabismus, you may receive additional injections, depending on your condition and on how long the effects of the treatment last.
Am I a good candidate for LATISSE®?
LATISSE® is not approved for people under the age of 18. Also, it is not recommended for women during pregnancy or women who are breastfeeding.
You are not a good candidate:
- If you are currently taking a prostaglandin analog, concurrent use of LATISSE® may interfere with the desired IOP reducing effect.
- If you have intraocular inflammation (uveitis)
- If you have risk factors for macular edema
Always consult your ophthalmologist before using LATISSE®.
How do I use LATISSE®?
When using LATISSE®:
- Remember that it is a prescription drug, and not to be used by anyone other than the person it is prescribed to
- Always carefully follow the package insert instructions
- Never reuse the single-use applicator or contaminate the bottle by allowing the tip to come into contact with any other surface
- Always take your contacts out before application, and reinsert 15 minutes after
How long will the effects of LATISSE® last?
Once you discontinue the use of LATISSE®, lash length, thickening, and darkening will revert back to pre-medication appearance.