COVID-19 Announcement - What We're Doing To Protect Our Patients
Dear NVISION Patients and Affiliates,
As NVISION continues to closely monitor the developments around COVID-19 (coronavirus), our top priority is the health and safety of our patients, teammates and physicians.
NVISION is committed to caring for the health of our community. With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we are writing to share the extra precautionary measures NVISION is taking to protect our patients, employees and doctors.
In an effort to minimize the spread of the coronavirus and to protect our patients, staff and doctors, we have taken the following steps:
- Our call/care center is screening all patients, by phone, who are making appointments in our clinics and ambulatory surgery centers as well as sending text/email messages asking patients if they have upper and/or lower respiratory tract infection symptoms, have traveled to countries with high incidence of COVID-19 infections, been exposed to anyone with symptoms or who has traveled to countries with high incidence of disease.
- If the answer is yes to any of the questions, we are asking patients to delay their appointments for 14 days, or until they are symptom free for 14 days.
- In the very near future, we will be checking the temperature of all of our patients upon their arrival. Temperatures of patients may be taken on triage at certain clinics and most certainly at all ASC's prior to surgery on check in.
- When a patient presents to our clinics or surgery centers, they are asked to fill and sign a questionnaire asking them the same questions. If the answer to any of the questions is yes, the patient is asked to return home and come back after 14 days or after being asymptomatic for 14 days.
- We are reducing the number of people in our reception areas at clinics and ASC's to patients only. All unnecessary accompanying family members and drivers will be asked to wait in their cars during the patient's appointment. In addition, we are asking patients to wait in their cars until the appointment time. They will then be texted when ready to be seen. Lastly, we are asking all patients to fill out paperwork/electronic forms before coming to the clinic.
- Our staff is asked to wear a mask and gloves at all times when they are in close contact with patients.
- Our staff is asked to clean and disinfect all counters, doorknobs, and other surfaces after every patient contact.
- Our staff is asked to stay home if they have any flu symptoms and asked to go home if they develop symptoms while at work.
Thank you for trusting us with your care. We never take it for granted and we sincerely work very hard to earn your confidence in our care in every encounter we have with you.
With sincere gratitude,
Tom Tooma, MD. Founder and Chief Medical Officer
NVISION Eye Centers
nvisioncenters.com | Support Center: 877-455-9942