One of the most common eye conditions treated by physicians, Dry Eye is an irritating and sometimes painful condition in which the eye fails to properly produce enough quality tears. Your eyes may feel irritated—gritty, burning, stinging, or itchy. If left untreated, it can lead to ulcers, scars on the cornea, even impairment of vision.
Common Questions About Dry Eye
Who is at risk for dry eye?
People who suffer from dry eye often include those who:
- Wear contact lenses, especially for prolonged periods of time
- Are taking medications such as antihistamines or birth control pills
- Are over 50, especially women going through menopause
- Have specific diseases such as Sjogren’s Syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis and collagen vascular disease
- Have eyelids that don’t close properly due to structural abnormalities
- Live in dry climates
Treatment For Dry Eye
Your NVISION surgeon is best suited to recommend the treatment for your individual needs.