REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF ASC OPERATIONS-LAGUNA HILLS
The Regional Director of ASC Operations will be a dynamic part of the Operations team that oversees our surgery centers and leads a group of surgeons, nurses, technicians as our company grows! Reporting directly to the Senior Director of ASC Operations, this teammate will assist in both day-to-day operations of both multi-specialty and single-specialty ASC’s, assist in physician recruitment and retainment, and implement “big-picture” strategies as Nvision grows in surgical volume and number of surgical centers.
With 2 ASC’s in Southern California, 2 in Northern California, 1 in Las Vegas, 1 in Oregon and another in Canada, the growth potential for the right candidate is exponential! Our company is growing rapidly into other territories and needs a dynamic individual who can focus on same-store growth but willing and able to assist the Senior Director to achieve long-term growth and integrate new acquisitions.
This role will be headquartered in Southern California but candidate must be willing to travel on an “as needed basis.” Approximately 4-5 days/month.
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare practices. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five years of management experience in a surgery center setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of the standards, regulations and laws affection Ambulatory Surgery Center operation.
- Clinical RN background is required; Active CA Nursing License.
- Background in Ophthalmology surgeries/procedures preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of surgery center coding, billing and reimbursement process preferred.
- Experience in payer contracting/negotiations and thorough knowledge and experience with managed care organizations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of standard accounting principles and budget development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer hardware and software. Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint or Keynote and able to navigate EMR platforms with little training.
- Demonstrate continuous learning through use of various sources to meet personal and professional goals. Maintains professional affiliations, attends outside conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability for self-direction and initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Essential Job Duties (to include but not limited to):
- With the Governing Body, develop and monitor facility business plan. Understand the organization’s assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, loan agreements and financial objectives. Work in conjunction with Senior Director of ASC Operations and CFO to ensure financial security of the center.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND FACILITY MAINENANCE
- Manage and direct the purchase, maintenance and distribution of the equipment, materials and facilities of the ASC.
- Monitor the function, preventative maintenance, contracts and repairs of equipment and facility contracted services.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Work directly with the Clinical Director to ensure proper staffing and performance improvement for all employees.
- Ensure compliance with Medicare and state regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Continually evaluate the efficiency of patient flow, staffing patterns and other surgery center operations to assess opportunities for improved patient care and cost effectiveness.
- Fill in as a nurse in the pre/post and OR when needed; strong background in the OR is preferred.
- Provide overall vision and leadership for the surgery center. Work with the Board of Directors, Senior Director of ASC Operations, staff and outside advisors to develop long range and strategic plans and provide overall direction.