This position is primarily responsible for leading the NVISION Center by ensuring patient care is at the forefront of all activities. The OD will play a large role in the compliance of the center in regards to chart documentation and medical records.The Optometrist will see general ophthalmology patients in addition to educating patients on cataract surgery and lifestyle lenses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads all clinical aspects of center to ensure the best patient care for all general ophthalmology, cataract, and glaucoma patients.
- Work with the technicians to improve efficiencies in testing and patient work up, in addition to ensuring accurate patient refractions.
- Follows the clinical standards of care for the center, including, but not limited to: operating practices and procedure, incident tracking/reporting, quality maintenance, surgical protocol, updating medication protocol, patient, and occupational health and safety.
- Interacts with center and surgeon to ensure full communication between the surgeon and the staff in areas of surgical protocol, patient management and medication schedule.
- Performs pre and post- operative care for patients at center and assists doctors with pre and post-operative care when complications arise.
- Follows-up with co-managing/referring doctors regarding patient status and results.
- Defines and reports any clinical incidents as necessary.
- Assists in other areas as needed.
- Licensed Optometrist in the state of OR
- Cataract experience preferred
- Desire to be an integral part in providing an exceptional patient experience
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now