Ophthalmic Technician - Sacramento, CA.
Come Join our Team!
We are a fun, fast paced, LASIK/Cataract Center looking for a Technician!
This position is primarily responsible for the work up, education and follow up of potential patients. This position will complete all necessary work up including obtaining medical and surgical history, and the completion of all diagnostic testing. This position is also responsible for assisting the doctor in the exam lane and in surgical procedures by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that all forms are complete and pertinent information has been recorded.
- Maintains the outcome data.
- Performs deft in auto refractions, topographical mapping, wavefront analysis, lensometer, pachymeter and visual acuities.
- Evaluates and measures pupil size and responses, general use of a slit lamp microscope, applanation tonometer and proper instillation of eye drops.
- Understands all equipment and instruments used in the center
- Provides pre/post-operative care and instructions.
- Assists in surgery by preparing the laser room with supplies and sterilized equipment.
- Stocks all medication and medical supplies by proactively planning work week to ensure completion of required tasks.
- Calls to request pre/post-ops on surgery patients.
- Orders all medical supplies.
- Keeps up with all regular and emergency maintenance on medical equipment.
- 2+ years experience as Ophthalmology Technician Preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Desire to Provide an Exceptional Patient Experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts