Ophthalmic Technician, La Jolla
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that all forms are complete and pertinent information has been recorded.
- Maintains the outcome data.
- Performs deft in auto refractions, topographical mapping, wavefront analysis, lensometer, pachymeter and visual acuities.
- Evaluates and measures pupil size and responses, general use of a slit lamp microscope, applanation tonometer and proper instillation of eye drops.
- Understands all equipment and instruments used in the center
- Provides pre/post-operative care and instructions.
- Assists in surgery by preparing the laser room with supplies and sterilized equipment.
- Stocks all medication and medical supplies by proactively planning work week to ensure completion of required tasks.
- Calls to request pre/post-ops on surgery patients.
- Orders all medical supplies.
- Keeps up with all regular and emergency maintenance on medical equipment
If interested speak with your manager and email me
Must be in good standing to apply-no corrective action in past 12 months and meets/exceeds expectations on last performance review