MEDICAL RECORDS SPECIALIST-NEWPORT BEACH
NVISION Newport Beach has an immediate need for a Medical Records Specialist to ensure the accuracy and proper documentation of all patient records. In addition, this position will serve as a liaison with the Optometric community to ensure the timely transfer of information of our co-managed patients.
Essential Job Duties Will Include(but not limited to):
- Analyze records for discrepancies or missing information and send to appropriate physician if needed
- Retrieve, sort, assemble medical records into proper chart order
- Ensure that records are updated, required forms and documents are provided
- Review records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations
- Process patient admissions or discharge documents
- Transfer care of patients to proper affiliate Optometrist for the remainder of post-operative care.
- Timely phone and email communication with affiliate Optometrists and staff to create seamless patient transition and experience.
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelors in Health Care Administration required
Previous experience in healthcare industry preferred
Competent in Microsoft Office and Electronic Patient ManagementApply Now