Insurance Verification Coordinator-Aliso Viejo
NVISION® Eye Centers is a diverse community of physicians, clinical and professional team members and optometrist affiliates dedicated to restoring exceptional vision for every patient. We strive to delight our patients by providing unrivaled care and service that exceeds their expectations. We are The Eye Doctors’ #1 Choice®
We are seeking an insurance verification coordinator to join our growing team!
Essential Job Duties Will Include (But Not Limited To)
- Serves as primary liaison between NVISION and third party company regarding patient’s insurance coverage, chart documentation and payer specific requirements.
- Collaborates closely with internal department, clinics and third party company to ensure a streamlined and seamless customer experience.
- Executes front end functions necessary for billing and collections:
- Verifies patient eligibility and benefits as directed
- Obtains pre-authorization/pre-determination for services from the payers based policy requirements
- Calculates estimated patient liability based on scheduled services and verified benefits * Documents all relevant actions for audit and tracking
- Develops expertise and payer specific knowledge on all aspects of front end verification processes
- Serves as a backup for department billers and payment posters
- Other projects as assigned
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience with physician billing
- 1+ years of experience in insurance verification
- Intermediate-level experience with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus