General Counsel-Aliso Viejo, CA
We are backed by one of the premier investment firms in the world with a focus on expanding geographically and provide greater access to best in class care. We have an immediate need for in house General Counsel or Vice President & Associate General Counsel (depending on experience level).
This role will be highly transactional based.
Essential Job Responsibilities Will Include (but not limited to):
- Drafting and reviewing transaction agreements, company contracts, and contract templates.
- Conducting due diligence for potential partners and vendors of the Company.
- Structure, draft, review, and negotiate a variety of corporate, real estate, regulatory and other transactional documents.
- Assist in other matters where needed, including corporate financing transactions
- Responsible for assisting in the application of Ethics & Compliance program.
- Provide general legal support various businesses and team members, with day-to-day responsibilities for transaction management, entity management and corporate responsibility for a growing and dynamic business with multiple subsidiaries and affiliated businesses.
- Provide support on Human Resource related matters
Required Education and Licenses:
- JD degree from an accredited law school required, with excellent academic credentials.
- Active membership in good standing with California State Bar Association
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 5-8+ years of experience
- Strong transactional experience at a major law firm
- Compliance and HR experience a plus
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of duties and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Smart, decisive, detailed, organized, methodical, biased toward action.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, build interdepartmental relationships at all levels, and evaluate and reconcile issues from the business-unit and enterprise-level perspective.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to learn quickly new businesses, industries, and legal issues, and to manage fast paced environment with numerous projects simultaneously under tight timelines.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Unquestionable ethics and integrity, sound judgment.
- Manage, oversee, coordinate and attend to all legal aspects and legal issues related to deal flow of a dynamic, opportunistic company.
- Structure, draft, review, and negotiate a variety of corporate, real estate, regulatory and other transactional documents, including:
- M&A transactional documents
- Employment agreements, settlement agreements, severance agreements.
- Lease agreements, licensing agreements, IP agreements, license and regulatory applications.
- Provide general legal support to NVISION’s various businesses and team members, with day-to-day responsibilities for transaction management, entity management and corporate responsibility for a growing and dynamic business with multiple subsidiaries and affiliated businesses.