Front Desk Employee - Sacramento, CA.
Come Join Our Team!
We are a fun, fast paced, Ophthalmology Practice Looking For Someone To Help Us Provide an Exceptional Experience for Our Patients From the Moment They Enter The Door!
This position is primarily responsible for acting as the first point of contact for all patients in a high traffic medical practice. Duties include phone management, initial screening of calls to determine information that is needed, confirming and rescheduling appointments, and patient check in/check out. They will be an intricate part of the flow of the center and responsible for making sure that each patient is seen in a timely manner by performing the following duties:
Responsibilities and Duties
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets patients in an enthusiastic manner as they arrive.
- Has patient complete the proper paperwork and informs them of the process flow, by communicating clearly with the customer regarding expectations.
- Manages phones, screens calls to determine information that is needed, confirms and reschedules appointments.
- Coordinates patient files and ensures that proper documentation is in each file.
- Obtains insurance authorizations for any medical patients.
- Collects co pays and deductibles for patients
- Records fee's in patient management system
- Scans and enters insurance cards and ensures accuracy of information
- Investigates problems with obtaining payment for bills
- Prepares charts for next day's appointments
- Assists with patient work up when necessary.
- 2+ years experience in a medical practice preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Desire to exceed patient expectations and create a warm, friendly atmosphere
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts