Front Desk Employee-Olympia
Come Join Our Team! We are a fun, fast paced, LASIK and Cataract practice!
This position is primarily responsible for acting as the first point of contact for all patients in a high traffic medical office. Duties include phone management, initial screening of calls to determine information that is needed, confirming and rescheduling appointments.. They will be an intricate part of the flow of the center and responsible for making sure that each patient is seen in a timely manner by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages phones, screens calls to determine information that is needed, confirms and reschedules appointments.
- Coordinates patient files and ensures that proper documentation is in each file.
- Greets patients in an enthusiastic manner as they arrive and guides them through the initial steps of the consultation process.
- Obtains authorizations for any medical patients.
- Scans and enters insurance cards and ensures accuracy of information.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment.
- Investigates problems with obtaining payment for bills.
- Makes concrete attempts to add value or to make improvements for the customer and acts on behalf of the customer being served to promote fair and timely internal resolution of issues.
- Prepares charts for next day's appointments.
- Greets patients, has them complete the proper paperwork and informs them of the process flow, by communicating clearly with the customer regarding expectations.
- Handles center correspondence by possessing the ability to convey a concise, honest and respectful message in written and verbal communications.
- 2+ years experience at front desk in health care setting preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Desire to Provide an Exceptional Patient Experience