Director of Nursing-Olympia
NVISION Eye Centers has an opening for a part time Director of Nursing!
As the DON, you will manage the day-to-day clinical activities of the surgery center. The DON is knowledgeable in peri-operative theory and practice, which provides for and directs the nursing care of patients within the surgery center. The DON will assist in all areas of the ASC.
Essential Job Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Providing direct patient care when needed. Ensuring appropriate breaks and lunches for the staff according to the Dept. of Labor policies.
- Assuring adequate staffing based on the number of surgeries scheduled.
- Facilitating the smooth flow of patients throughout the surgery center.
- Anticipating necessary changes in the daily schedule, collaborating with the Administrator and communicating any changes to surgeons, anesthesiologists, nursing staff and clerical personnel.
- Participates and assists in the hiring, orientation, training and education of personnel.
- Participates in the evaluation of personnel.
- Works with the Nurse Manager of Compliance and participates in Quality Improvement, Risk Management, Safety and Infection Control Activities.
- Observes and enforces cost containment practices, with effective utilization of time and materials.
- Shares and performs assigned duties necessary for the Surgery Center operations i.e. credentialing, ordering supplies, equipment checks and the overseeing of all contract services.
- Attends Medical, Clinical and various committee, staff meetings and in-services.
- Follows Medical/Legal policies governing the Surgery Center at all times.
- Maintains and upgrades standards of performance and education.
- Enforces all HIPPA regulations.
- Oversees the Safety Committee and the evaluation of the safety of the environment.
- Promotes team building activities and maintains a professional atmosphere with staff and physicians.
- Protects and safeguards facility property, information systems, medical records and all confidential records.
- Monthly safety checks and audits.
- Assure that clinical and support staffing levels are capable of operating in a manner that provides for quality patient care and maintains necessary fiscal efficiencies.
- Assist and support Education RN to assure the development and maintenance of proper personnel orientation, training;
- Provide circulating, pre-op and PACU services on an as needed basis; and
- Administer approved facility service contracts including but not limited to anesthesia, biomed, maintenance, pharmacy, and other outside providers;
- Assist Administrator to assure efficient work schedules;
- Monitor staff working conditions in keeping with health and disability limitations of staff.
- Assist and support Administration with disciplinary responsibilities by assuring the intent of the faculties policies, procedures, and rules and regulations are administered in a fair consistent manner
- Support the intent of the Center’s Medical Staff Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations. Report infractions or concerns to the Medical Director.
- Maintains a level of security in the facility which promotes and protects the safety of patients, personnel, and equipment.
- Develop programs that anticipate operational deficiencies and provide remedial adjustments to assist Risk Management.
- Assist with primary material and capital purchasing responsibilities including maintaining an adequate inventory and implementing spending controls based on approved budgets and owners expectations.
- Assist with Plant Operations that includes, medical gas systems, scheduled equipment calibrations, fire and life safety readiness, and emergency power systems;
- Assure the timely and accurate equipment and instrumentation needs of the surgeons are maintained on a regular basis that back-up resources are in place for critical situations, and communicate needs.
- Coordinate staff training on/and orientation to the new equipment.
- Assist with enforcement of all facility policies and procedures.
- Must be licensed to practice nursing in the state of Washington
- BLS required
- Experience in Ophthalmology Preferred, although this is a multi specialty ASC
- This role is part time and anticipated to be 3 days per week